- We educate residents of Ashland and the Rogue Valley on relevant issues and organize for public advocacy and civic action.
- We help individuals acquire the skills of nonviolent living.
- We foster cooperation among organizations that share our fundamental values and extend to them our resources as needed.
- Ending war
- Living Wage Campaign
- Demilitarizing the federal budget
- Education for nonviolent living and action
- Uncle Food’s Diner
Peace House at times partners with other organizations for peace or justice work. In these collaborations we provide volunteers, money, and our public relations capability, but we do not take primary responsibility for the work in the Rogue Valley.
- Single payer universal health care in Oregon
- Reasonable gun regulation
- Ending indiscriminate and warrantless surveillance of the domestic population
- Annual observance of the nuclear destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Peace House offers other organizations the advantage of an IRS-recognized public charity if those organizations are compatible with our values and if they intend either to fulfill their mission within a relatively short time or intend to apply for their own 501(c)(3) recognition. This service has given a boost to several now-established organizations, such as Ashland Food and Southern Oregon Pride We are currently “umbrella-ing” the following organizations: